Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Christmas Mystery

     I sat down to blog a little while ago, and my doorball rang (I'm at home in TX). My little sister went to answer it, and it was a UPS guy with a box. She brought the box in, and it was from 1-800-flowers and addressed to me. Confused, I opened up the box, which had a card inside. The card said something about "I hope you're having a good Christmas with your family. Hope to see you back in Manhattan!" but there is no name on the card. So I have no idea who sent them to me. They must be from someone in Manhattan...but no one in Manhattan should know my home address. So needless to say, I'm appreciative and surprised--they're lilies and I love lilies--but I can't lie...I'm a little freaked out. So therein lies the Christmas Mystery. Any clues are appreciated, haha.
     So now I don't even remember what I was originally going to write about. It probably had something to do with how much family I've seen in the past week, and how happy I am to have done so. I got to see my dads parents, aunts and uncles, cousins, Renee's parents, my Nan, sister and brother...so many!! I'm so blessed to have so much family and have had the opportunity to see all of them in such a short period of time. I love being at my Nan's house so much. I feel my mom there...as weird as that may sound. It's the same house that she grew up in (well, like 8th grade through when I was about 3, minus the brief period that Mom and Dad lived together when they were married) and it is the only house I've ever known my Nan to live in. It's cool to sit in the same chair that my mom used to sit in to eat breakfast at that table. And it's cool to sleep in the same room that she slept in in high school, even though Nan has painted and gotten all new furniture in most of the rooms. I just like being there and knowing that at one time, she was too. I miss her so much...especially around Christmas because it was her favorite season.
     Well, it's Christmas Eve Eve and I'm watching the Santa Clause (classic!) and about to make some sugar cookies, so I guess I will go. Hope everyone's holidays are going well and that y'all all have a very Merry Christmas!
    
     Always remember, the reason for our celebration isn't Santa, presents, or money. It's about the birth of our Savior. HE is the reason we celebrate. Hug your family, tell your friends how much you love them, and be ever grateful that God sent His Son to save us :) Merry Christmas!

     Until next time...

 "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." --Matthew 1:21

1 comment:

  1. A secret admirer! And around Christmas time, too! How romantic. Hopefully it's someone you know and not a creeper. lol

    ReplyDelete