Friday, April 29, 2011

On a Lighter Note

Did you know that you can clean piano keys with toothpaste? The regular paste kind, not the gel, and not one that is for tartar control because those are a little too abraisive. You can also clean tarnished silverware with toothpaste! Crazy.

I decided that my blog doesn't have to just be about serious things, and each entry doesn't have to be long, so I'm going to write about cool stuff I've discovered today on the Real Simple Magazine website today! (As you can tell, it's a busy day today for the head Special Ed teacher's sub...haha)

Did you know you can clean about a billion things with lemons? Mixing lemon juice with baking soda or salt can make it a great scrub for grout and shower walls...cool! And I love the way lemon smells, so that's a plus too :)


You can clean stained coffee mugs by sprinkling salt on a lemon peel and scrubbing...helpful to those of us who love coffee! (Candice, I'm lookin' at you!)

By the way, how gorgeous was Kate's (Duchess Catherine? Baroness Catherine? Princess William of Wales? She has too many titles now to know which one to use!) wedding dress?? Absolutely stunning! Elegant and demure yet not over-simplistic; I just love it! And not to mention, in the pictures I've seen (no, I haven't watched yet!) they looks so happy. They're actually giving each other sweet little smiles and saying little things to each other...so beautiful. They are such a cute couple who isnt' afraid to color outside the lines a little when it comes to the formality of their wedding (or entire lives, for that matter!) I just liked seeing them actually look happy in the middle of all the hullabaloo and pomp and circumstance of their wedding, when others before them have looked so stiff and scared.

Okay well that's all I have for now...two entries in two days! Weird for me! Bye y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment