Friday, June 17, 2011

It's summer!

Which means so many things! Reading lots and lots of books that I don't have time for otherwise, vacations, seeing family, getting tan, and wasps. Okay so all those are good except the last one. I really, really hate wasps. One of the biggest lies ever told is that "they won't bug you unless you bug them." Yeah-stinkin-right! They have a whole pool they could be drinking from and they come right to where I am. AAAAHHHH. And I freak out in a way that is probably unnecessary but also probably hilarious to others when they come around. I just hate them! I'm terrified of things that can hurt me, haha.

I'm home for a little while for the first time all summer! I spent the last couple week at Nan's (Mom's mom) in Fritch, TX and in the Bahamas with her, her husband, and my sister, Shanna. The Bahamas is b-e-a-utiful! I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a vacation! The water is awesome, the Bahamians are awesome, the rum cake is awesome, and the shopping is awesome. I love it! I am determined to go back someday! Yay!

So here I am, nice and tan, but afraid to go lay out at our pool because the wasps are swarming. What a waste of a good tan! Bah!

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

Taren got a jobbbb!!!!! A real one! Teaching! Reading/English! To freshmen! In Junction City! It pays real money! I get to really teach students things! Yaaaayyyy!!!!

I am so excited :) Knowing that I finally have my own classroom in which to teach students, learn about their lives, make a positive impact, and be a good role model for them! Ahhhhh :) Don't worry, as bad as I've been about keeping up with my blog since school got out, I'm sure I'll have plenty of good stuff to blog about once I'm up and runnin' at JCHS!

In other news, I got an apartment, too! It's a little more expensive than I was hoping to pay, but it's a newer complex, on the West side of town (away from the university and Aggieville...yay!!!), and is pretty nice! The negative side is that I have to pay all these deposits and first-month's rent and stuff before I even get a paycheck...so basically I'll owe my parents money :\ Thankfully, they won't be charging me interest! Little blessings :) So, I'll be moving back to Manhattan July 25 and start work August 1! I'm excited to get back and be around Ben, Hannah, my gym, and University Christian Church! God truly answers prayers...maybe not in the time-frame that we see as most convenient, but He is ever faithful and always works for my good! Praise the Lord :)

Alright that's a pretty decent update for now...so if anything exciting happens this summer, I'll letcha know ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment